Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yardsale Deal?

I had some time to hit some yard sales this weekend including hitting a estate sale at a house that was being foreclosed. Pretty nasty house filled with clutter and smelling badly of pet urine and mildew. I found a Garmin i3 GPS for $1...no maps installed but got a free 2012 map set by registering the unit at Garmin.com.

Robin did better finding 9 Pandora glass and silver beads for $1 apiece!

I did decide to buy a pretty nice gas powered pressure washer with a Honda engine at another yard sale. I started the engine and asked the owner if it was working, which he confirmed. Unfortunately, he lied...when I connected after bringing it home it was leaking and spraying water from a cracked manifold.

Went looking for a replacement and after the intial horror of a $200 price tag for a replacement...I found what I think is a compatible part from another brand off Amazon for $45.


 I'll provide an update whether I can successfully repair my yard sale find. This sucker was like $800 new...be happy if I can get it working for under $100.


1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed this part works for you Matt.
    I have wanted a pressure washer for years, but so far I keep renting them from home depot. Which would have paid for one by now!?

    Doug

    ReplyDelete